Thursday, August 25

Here we go again... weeks 15 & 16 updates

So, yesterday I started, yet again, a new Wii workout regime. Broke down and purchased the EA Sports Active2. Still have yet to find the Biggest Loser game disk & case ("yeah, right - you just wanted an excuse to buy a new game" my husband teases...)

Got my profile set up and since it was a 'rest day', I got to chose the workout I wanted to do (I hadn't worked out in many days, so I didn't want to rest!) Picked the soccer training workout - easy level.  So far, I haven't been overly impressed. This is supposedly rated the best fitness game for Wii, but there are a few things I would like to see improved. Compared to Wii Fit Plus, it's about the same. Main advantage being Active2 comes with body motion sensors for left arm and right leg, and built-in heart-rate monitor.  Those are very cool to have, alongside the Wii remote, means no more using the nunchuck - very nice!  Also includes a medium strength resistance band.  What bothers me is the time it takes to load each new exercise in the routine... Feels like forever as my heart rate is visibly dropping. Plus the calories burned during the intervals aren't counted (I wore my own HRM to see how it compared - beats were accurate, but calories were vastly different - but in keeping with the total time difference.  e.g. game logged my workout as 32 min, where my HRM watch recorded 52min, from start to finish. That means there was 20min of wasted time between exercises!  According to my watch, I burned an additional 130 calories in those 20min!! Granted all the exercises were new, so I had to sit through the 'how-to' for most, but still!

The other complaint - the game encourages you to log into their website and track stats, etc., but since yesterday, I have only been able to see part of the user journal section on the website before it crashes! They are supposed to be switching to a new service soon, so maybe that's why.  And, they encourage you to set up or join groups - but don't allow you to search existing groups, you have to already know the group name and have a password. Not very 'inviting'!

Another positive - this game incorporates resistance bands and/or free-weights. I am already feeling a difference in my legs and triceps today from that one workout!

So, I'm going to continue with this game because of the heart-rate monitor and it has pre-determined routines, scheduled for a 9 week program, and daily check-lists, etc. to keep me motivated, much like the BL game, but boy do I miss BL's nearly 'seamless' workout routines!

weeks 15 & 16 (unchanged between the two weeks)
BMI: 28.30
wieght: 81.8kg

Corinna

No comments:

Post a Comment